Guest profiles with no photo

Jane563
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

Guest profiles with no photo

I have had yet another guest book with no recognisable photo on her profile. I use request to book and require my guests to post one. I’ve asked her to upload one without a response.

I rang Airbnb to get them to cancel the booking to be told this can be done as a one time courtesy. What the hell is this about? This is will happen again for sure. Why should  I be financially penalised for guests refusing to comply with my house rule?

The answer I have been given is that I have to check guests have a photo posted before I let them book.  This can take time, and I will be penalised if I haven’t accepted the booking within 24 hours.

Come on airbnb sort this out.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Given that your private room listings are for women only I would imagine you do not have IB turned on, right?  If you do have IB, would it be worth it to you to turn it off?  Since the portait profile photo is your requirement, not Air BNB, I think you are stuck with policing your requirements.  I also require a portrait photo and have IB on, but I immediately respond to booking and if there is no photo, require the guest to upload one.  Haven't really had any pushback from guests with that requirement.