Guest "no show" - ratings and review still allowed

Mike672
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Guest "no show" - ratings and review still allowed

On Friday I asked a guest about arrival times but received no answer from them.

Sunday was the arrival date - my check in time is 3pm.

On Sunday I waited at home for the guest to arrive. At 4pm I messaged the guest again. The reply was "1pm"(!) - so I said, "this would have been 3 hours ago, had they meant 10pm or even 1am". The reply was that they had made a mistake and thought they were booking for July(!!). At about 9pm this reservation was cancelled by the guest.
On Monday evening (around 9pm) I got the automated email/message from Airbnb asking how XXXX had been as a guest - I assume the guest got a similar message.

I asked Airbnb support how a "no show" could review and rate their stay with me - when such a stay did not take place - surely in such cases neither the guest nor the host should be able to provide a review. (Airbnb know that the guest made a mistake booking and intended to stay in July).

The reply has been that my request is in violation of Review Guidelines.

I work hard on my Superhost status. I don't mind any kind of review when it is based on people who have actually stayed with me.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

One of the many holes in the review system, nothing you can do.

David
Faith34
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

About eight months ago I had a last minute booking and arrived within 30 minutes to my property with an additional guest and a large dog.   When I mentioned/ implied about our house rules and policy for these two area the guest got very upset and left.  By t hen he has not even seen inside of our listing.  He wrote a long review, the half not related with us followed with one star for all criteria.  When I spoke with Air bnb rep and with a team manager for the review and rating to be removed off our listing, their answers were consistant  with "No".  Well, I could see the point of allowing his review tagged to my listing for the sake of others who don't read or respect the house rules.  This should be posted on the Air B n B company review site. In addition I DISAGREED with one star rating in all ariteria when the guest had  "ZERO" experience with staying. It didn't make any sense at all.   Air B N B should come up with an different apps for the cacelled guests or no- shows.