Guest refund

Dee42
Level 2
Mackay, Australia

Guest refund

I have a question, I have had a guest come to the property, check in and I said if you need anything txt me and let me know.  I live onsite at the property upstairs. 

About an hour and a half later, I saw a txt message saying that they had been in contact with the booking lady and she had found them alternative accommodation as the property was too hot.  They also said the fridge was dirty. 

The only communication I had was to let me know that he had already left the property so there was no opportunity for me to check and clean the fridge.  It did have some crumbs on the shelves which had been missed in the cleaning regime.  

The property is not listed as having air-coditioning and I have a detailed list of what amenities are in the property on the listing. 

I had at the time a flexible cancellation polity.  

The guest did not cancel the booking and is now wanting a refund. 

What would the Airbnb Refund policy be in the circumstance where the Guest has not read the listing details correctly, checked in and then left without notice and without cancelling his booking?

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

It is the guest's responsibility to cancel their reservation, thus allowing Airbnb to facilitate getting them any refund owed to them per your Cancellation Policy.  I would instruct the guest to Contact Airbnb

Hi Cynthia and Chris

Thanks for your reply. I am interested to see what the Airbnb response would be if he did contact and ask for a refund would I have to refund?  

Regards 

Dee