Guest requested cancellation

Gill12
Level 1
Hellifield, United Kingdom

Guest requested cancellation

A guest contacted me 30 hours before they were due to arrive for a 2 day stay saying their car was not working. They asked to cancel the reservation. They pressed the cancellation button and I accepted it. On my reviews it now says that I cancelled the reservation and I have not received any payment from Airbnb. I have a moderate cancellation policy for which I should have received some payment. How do I complain about this?

3 Replies 3
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

Gill, usually under a cancellation, you need to do nothing.  If they cancel it does not need your acceptance.

Gill12
Level 1
Hellifield, United Kingdom

Hi Marcus

I've just had a chat on line with Airbnb and they have a new cancellation process which they say seems to have gone wrong on this occasion. They say they will sort my complaint in the next 24-48 hours and remove the cancellation penalty on my file. I will wait and see. 

Thanks

Gill

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Gill12,

This does seem pretty weird.  Contact Airbnb and hopefully they can figure it out.  I am sure you will be able to back it up with the guest's messages on the Airbnb messaging system.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host