Guest requires more payment time in group booking

Jonathan533
Level 1
Dromore, United Kingdom

Guest requires more payment time in group booking

Hi Guys

I had a cancellation for the 21st to the 28th of this month.  I have another guest booked for that week. Because it is a very popular week (football tournament) I asked for it to be paid in full. The Guests requested two payments one guest paid half and the other was paying this Friday. Once she paid the 50% it defaulted to the remainder being paid in 72 hours. How can I adjust this without airbnb cancelling it. I'm totally fine waiting but I have no proof of her 1st payment either. Please help asap.

Thanks in advance 😉

5 Replies 5

@Jonathan533 I don't know of anything you can do (which is why hosts dislike the group payment option).

Once the guest chooses to pay in a group, the group can tie up your calendar for up to 72 hours. If they fail to complete the payment, the host gets nothing except wasted time.

You can message the guest and encourage them to pay quickly, but that is about it.

Thanks for your reply Mathew. My guest in question paniced and paid within the 72 hrs just incase she lost the booking. I will keep that in mind for future bookings.

Regards

Jonathan 

@Jonathan533 I am glad it worked out!

It seems like a good strategy to remind the guest that other people are looking to book the place, and that delaying the initial payment might result in losing the reservation.

You never want something quite so much as when you are going to have it taken away...

@Matthew285  You got that right, yesterday morning on HA I sent a pre-approval for 9 days for 8 people. She sat on it for 7 hours deciding, while someone booked all the same 9 days for 9 people on AirBnB. And couldn't understand why I canceled her pre-approval. Not only didn't she read the listing and was too busy asking questions that were in it, but was mad at me LOL for not holding the days for her to make up her mind. I am just shaking my head at the logic that is not in plentiful for many of my guests 🙂

Skip-And-Kat0
Level 2
Bellaire, MI

I just got burned on a missing 2nd payment... how can I change to 100% dues at booking ?