Guest review

Harry8
Level 1
Hong Kong

Guest review

I've just had my first guests stay at my home, a happy experience for all parties. My guests sent me a very nice private message when they left, and also said that they had posted a review on Airbnb. The review hasn't yet appeared, nor have I been asked to post a review of my guests. When I've been a guest myself, I have been invited to submit a review as soon as I've checked out. Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks!

Harry

2 Replies 2
Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Harry8-

It normally takes 24-48 hours after the guest has checked out for the host to receive an invitation to review your guest. Have you checked your dashboard and email to see if the notice is there?

If it has been more than 48 hours, I would reach out to Airbnb to ask them. The guest and host each get 14 days to complete a review.

The reviews are available to read once both parties have posted a review. For example if each of you post a review with 72 hours, as soon as the 2nd person submits the review, both will be able to view it right away.

If only one of the parties posted a review, that review (be it from the guest or host) will be posted on the profile after the 14 days have passed.

Has it been over 14 days since your guest checked out?

Many thnaks indeed Markus, you were quite right. I received the invitation shortly after I asked my question, and both my gusts and i have now left reviews. I appreciate your guidance!

Thanks,

Harry