Guest reviews

Answered!

Guest reviews

I am new as a host and just got the first very beautiful review in but guest forgot to "star rate" the review. Could I ask guest to review again with star rating as I worry it will affect my future average rating. Could anyone advise me on this please?

1 Best Answer

@Hao11, I don't think someone can leave a review without doing the Star Ratings.

Please aware that the Star Rating of a listing will not appear until it has at least 3 reviews.

I think you can check the Star Ratings of this one review since you are the host.

Go to your Host Dashboard, visit the "Stats" page and select the "Rating" tab.

All your Reviews and their Star Ratings in detail should be shown below.

But the guests looking at your listing will NOT see the Star Ratings until you have more reviews.

Please do check this review in the Stats page and tell us what you find.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Hao11

I wasnt aware that you could leave a review without giving a star rating - but you learn something new every day

Only the guest can contact AirBnB and ask them to include a star rating for their review. 

@Hao11, I don't think someone can leave a review without doing the Star Ratings.

Please aware that the Star Rating of a listing will not appear until it has at least 3 reviews.

I think you can check the Star Ratings of this one review since you are the host.

Go to your Host Dashboard, visit the "Stats" page and select the "Rating" tab.

All your Reviews and their Star Ratings in detail should be shown below.

But the guests looking at your listing will NOT see the Star Ratings until you have more reviews.

Please do check this review in the Stats page and tell us what you find.

Matthew:

Thank you for your clarification as it was of great help to me to understand more how Air works.

Community member like you are super cool.

@Matthew285   I have had guests who have not seen the star rating and thus have not rated so it is (or was) possible. I have also heard it's possible to ignore the thumb up/down as well. Whether a glitch or not I have no idea. I would be interested to know how Airbnb account for no stars and if it negatively impacts the overall star rating of the property.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Just mentioning in @Matthew285, so he sees your nice response @Hao11. 🙂

[Top tip: add the @ symbol and select the person you are addressing in the dropdown, they will then receive a notification informing them that you have replied]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.