Guest's home city and state hidden

Guest's home city and state hidden

In the past Airbnb has always shown a guest's city and state on the reservation. Now my new bookings do not provide me that information even though their identity has been verified. Anyone else experience this, and if so, do you know why?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bonnie-And-Denny0 

It is not mandatory to enter this information in a profile.

It has nothing to do with "ID verified".

@Emiel1 yes, I know it’s not required. That’s fine, but I think it should be. I wish there was a way to encourage the guest to fill out their profile. It’s spooky, not knowing anything about a person who is going to occupy your home.

Patti4
Level 8
Freeville, NY

I’ve been hosting in my home for over 10 years, a very nice guest suite. I have relied on knowing where the guest comes from. It helped me prepare a customized guest experience. For instance, were they possibly traveling very long distance and might need late check-in? Since I do not use instant book and I always start with reservation request, I like to know more about a guest, especially if they are new to Airbnb with no reviews. I hope that does not seem to suggest bias at all.  I’d like to know if they live in my state, live somewhere I’ve visited, that kind of thing. the guest coming today has zero information in their profile, except for their name and “identity verified “ they have not used a selfie photo for their profile ( a painting of a knight in the crusades.???) They know my full name, my address, the location of my home, my contact information but I know literally nothing about them except their name. I don’t like that , I’m thinking about asking for ID at check-in, which means no self check in but me being present?? 

@Patti4 Yes Patti . ask . your house , your rules .I used to have a rule that stated if i had not hosted the gust before then i would require ID and  I always pop into my house rules thatIi require a full face profile and if its not clear , I ask for a selfie via messaging and explain to the guest that Airbnb do not pass on ids to us but for everyones safety we require Id either sent via text or on arrival . I used also say that self check in is not available if we have not hosted you before. do whatever you need to do to keep yourself , your guests and your house safe Patti.... H

@Helen744 Good suggestions. Thanks.