Guest sent me a picture of confirmed booking but it is not shown in my dashboard

Answered!
Sergio614
Level 1
Durango, Mexico

Guest sent me a picture of confirmed booking but it is not shown in my dashboard

Guest sent me a picture of confirmed booking but it is not shown in my dashboard...

The only way I can see the reservation is by going directly to calendar but something is wrong...

Please help...

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like either their payment hasn't gone through, you have a requirement for iD that hasn't gone through or it is fradulent.

Bottom line if you haven't received a booking confirmation, then there is no booking.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to tell the guest you don't have a booking for them and they need to call airbnb.

Sergio614
Level 1
Durango, Mexico

Thanks Helen, I will... 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like either their payment hasn't gone through, you have a requirement for iD that hasn't gone through or it is fradulent.

Bottom line if you haven't received a booking confirmation, then there is no booking.

Payments are delayed by an average of 7 to 10 days for me.  Visitors have misleading profiles because the only reviews which are 5 stars are public on travelers profiles.  The only dishonest guest I had had the most ratings.  He had 6 public five star reviews before and after I wrote a one star review.  

Sergio614
Level 1
Durango, Mexico

Thanks again and it sound very logical. I already reported this incident to the guest and told him to contact airbnb since I am not able to locate his reservation. Also I report it as a bug to airbnb.

I feel much better now with your support Helen 🙂

How to grow booking in  Airbnb from Nepal ? 

Belinda144
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb updated it policy whereby guests images do not show up until a reservation is confirmed. So there is no way for  hosts to know who they are bringing into their homes. They say it is to protect the guest.  Evidentlt, the host security is no longer relevant. If there were no homes  to host travelers Airbnb would crash and guests would find other means of accommodations. I just don't grasp the concept of making it difficult for the hosts. Airbnb needs our homes to make money. Why aren't they protecting us? Am I i missing something.

@Belinda144 I still see guest images and can read their reviews when they send a booking request or inquiry.

I totally agree with you. There is a long thread in community after this new rule was in place. Not only no guest pictures shown, but also no full name is shown and no guest location is shown. You don't know what kind of person you are accepting. And if you reject the request, you may lose your superhost status when your acceptance rate is lower than 80%. I believe that you will take a hit in AirBnb search returned results. Your listing may not be appearing on the first two pages.