Guest testing positive for covid

Laura4899
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Guest testing positive for covid

Can anyone tell me what to do if I have a guest staying who feels unwell and then tests positive for Covid, can they travel home?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura4899 Technically probably not but sensibly it would make sense for them to do so if they are well enough to drive, don't have to stop on the way and can isolate when they get home. If they were in a hotel it would be a no brainer to me that they should leave.

Rules and laws are very confused now in England!

Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Laura4899   Pasted below is what is on the U.K. governments website.  We have a policy in place that if a guests has symptoms or tests positive, they need to return home if travelling by their own private transport.  Hope this helps,

If a guest informs you they have tested positive for COVID-19 or they have symptoms of COVID-19:

• Advise the guest (and any relevant members of their family or party, such as those sharing a room) to:
    • immediately self-isolate where they are if possible (to minimise any further risk of transmission);
    • arrange an NHS test as soon as possible; and
    • return home if they reasonably can.
  • Discuss with the guest whether they are able to return home, or whether it is possible to extend their stay. Make sure to inform them of any costs an extended stay would include (which the guest would usually be expected to cover).
  • If they choose to return home, they should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely.
  • If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example if they do not have the means to arrange private transport or they are not well enough to drive themselves home safely) and cannot self-isolate in your accommodation facility, their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate healthcare professional and, if necessary, the local authority.