Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

Peter29
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

I have a potential guest who has been trying to make payment to Airbnb in order to confirm the reservation. Apparently this has not been successful and her booking keeps getting canceled. She has offered to pay offline but I have declined. Has anyone experienced this before?

172 Replies 172
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I honestly think someone is trying to scam you.

Not everyone is trying to scam you. I have been trying to make a payment for the past 3 hours, and the payment is not going through. I have to check with the bank to see if they have blocked my credit card for security reasons.

Am having same issue

This just happened to me.  My reservation deposit was declined even though I have more than enough in my bank account to maky the payment. I called my bank and they said that Visa didn't even show any declined transactions on my card or any record of attempted payment and that Airbnb's system may have issues and I should contact them.

did you find any solution sir?, i have the same problem please share if you found solution 

@Cemal3 Good evening. Please.... I have the same problem.... Did you solve it eventually? How it ended up? I cannot reserve my appartment because of payment issues (( Please, advise

it’s happened today to me. i called my master card & they didn’t have any record on my payment request. 

i tried paypal but it had defaulted my personal details to UK though resident info is hong kong. looks it’s a big bug. 

tried bank transfer & ask for swift code etc. too complicated as i need hotel room tomorrow monday 😭😭

@Ricky108 Good evening. Please.... I have the same problem.... Did you solve it eventually? How it ended up? I cannot reserve my appartment because of payment issues (( Please, advise

Not necessarily true. I am the guest, who just yesterday was attempting to book w/Airbnb. They could not authenticate my credit card and told me it was my card. Nothing wrong w/my card. It works just fine in the hotel! I think it's Airbnb!

Having the same problem..saying there is something wrong ...or use different credit card ? So frustrating!! 

Hi, how did you get around this payment issue? I've been trying to book and pay for the past 3 days, I get the same error each time

Eva1869
Level 1
Ridderkerk, Netherlands

I have exactly the same problem. I go through the all buttons and when I am supposed to go to my bank webpage and pay it says there is a webpage error...

same here , i've been trying for the past 4 days but still can't

@Thandeka2 Good evening. Please.... I have the same problem.... Did you solve it eventually? How it ended up? I cannot reserve my appartment because of payment issues (( Please, advis