Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

Peter29
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

I have a potential guest who has been trying to make payment to Airbnb in order to confirm the reservation. Apparently this has not been successful and her booking keeps getting canceled. She has offered to pay offline but I have declined. Has anyone experienced this before?

172 Replies 172

i experience the same issue today. tried 5 credit cards, even paypal & bank transfer but all methods have bugs/ frustrating auto reply from airbnb. 

@Niki89 Good evening. Please.... I have the same problem.... Did you solve it eventually? How it ended up? I cannot reserve my appartment because of payment issues (( Please, advise

Thumbs down to Marit's answer. I love when people respond and have no literally no idea. They literally feel compelled to add an opinion for no value whatsoever.

how can this be a scam? im experiencing this right now. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Scam....or her credit card is blocked for some reason (such as bad credit)

That is seriously not true!  We're having the same problem.  

Not true at all. I'm a guest too who's card has been blocked by Airbnb but works everywhere else. It's their platform that's having technical problems. 

Is there any way around it?

Same issue here! M card is fine (works everywhere else) but cannot book because airbnb does not accept it. I would also like to know how to solve this so I could use airbnb!

I'm having the same issue today.  Tried two different cards.

I literally have the same problem as everyone here. The help center isn't exactly doing what they are suppose to do

Hi Linda, were you able to get it sorted and how?

The way I got around it was using my PayPal account instead. My PayPal is using the same card. 

The way I got around it was using my PayPal account instead

Veronica616
Level 2
Pennsylvania, United States

Didn't work for me