Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

Peter29
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

I have a potential guest who has been trying to make payment to Airbnb in order to confirm the reservation. Apparently this has not been successful and her booking keeps getting canceled. She has offered to pay offline but I have declined. Has anyone experienced this before?

172 Replies 172
Paul2028
Level 2
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

I have paid the first half of my reservation but cant see any way to pay the second half? 

Brent144
Level 1
Montgomery, OH

Visa is blocking all payments to Airbnb.  I called my bank and called Visa to confirm and they both confirmed.  Airbnb is trying to act like they do not know what is going on, but they have to.  They are being blocked on all Visa's because of large amount of fraud.  Exact statement from Visa.

Muhammad-Iqbal0
Level 1
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

I tried Mastercard and Visa, both debit and credit card, all doesnt work. Then i try to do it on my computer, using chrome, still doesnt work, tried using incognito mode, it worked on the first try. 

It works for me, it might works for you too.

Airbnb support told me to login from incognito mode too but it's still not working.

Zsolt25
Level 1
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom

I had a same problem. I`ve tried with 3 different card, and it just not working

Giemel0
Level 1
Dasmariñas, Philippines

I am also cant pay via debit card and i offer the host of the unit to pay it via bank acc  but she declined i think airbnb payment have an system error now 

Tanya421
Level 1
Western Cape, ZA

I am a host.  I have had 3 guests just of late who are unable to make payments.  THIS IS NO SCAM.  The guest has not through desperation booked on another site.  I have received full payment from another hosting site.  AIRBNB.  What is going ON??

Biwen1
Level 1
Shanghai, CN

Earlier I was not able to contact the host, now it works but still can’t make payment as it kept asking me to contact my bank..so annoying 

I have the same issue payment issue with Airbnb which seems not willing to solve this bug but insists the guests who face this problem to check with their credit card provider.

I have called the credit card provider and like other guests, there is no transaction failure and I have sufficient amount in the card to pay. All other mechants such as hotels, car rental, etc. during the same duration did not face this issue except Airbnb.

Feedbacked to Airbnb which continues to deny and put this responsibility to the guests, saying there are many reason why payment fail and guests should check with their credit card provider and not take any responsibility since the same feedback have been raised by a bunch of their guests here. The trails here already show sufficient evidence that this is the Airbnb bug that have been repeating and many guests suffer from this bug.

The host refused to refund me and I have to pay twice for the booking cancelled by Airbnb due to this bug that Airbnb has. I have also asked why Airbnb cancelled the nights that I have fully paid and not just cancelled the nights that were not paid. No direct answer from Airbnb so far which is on purpose and frustrating except repeatedly ask me to check with my credit card provider still.

I am totally DISAPPOINTED at Airbnb for taking our money and not solving this bug seriously as many guests here have given them the feedback, and continue to push responsibility to their guests and credit card providers, and continued to cancel nights that their guests have paid for.

I am really considering not to use Airbnb in future for this POOR BUSINESS BEHAVIOUR!

Travis-Joel0
Level 2
Laketown, UT

How is this fixed i need help airbnb told me to try another method I have tried 5 so now they say the customer service person who was working with me is off for 48 hrs  ummm im in the rental and need to extend host is turning others down too keep my day open but not for much longer I h a ve contacted my card issuer ad PayPal and venmo all say cards are fine and they don't even see it trying to go through non of them 

Monica1792
Level 2
New York, NY

I spent HOURS looking for the defect rental, NOW I’m trying to pay and it says AIRBNB is going through maintenance.  Customer support stated call bank or use different card.  I have no issues with bank it’s ALL Airbnb. 

I just want to reserve the house I took 15 hours or more to find...I’ve now spent 2 days and 3-4 hours in this payment vortex!  I’ve never wanted a business to take my money more than this moment!

Yes, it is happening to me where AIRBNB will not accept any of my payments yet they are all verified. Not using AIRBNB again. 

Simon201
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

The booking payment process of “Airbnb Experience” doesn't work at all. I've tried so many times with PayPal, credit cards & even debit card, nothing worked. And every time it ate my US$100 coupon during the process. Contacted Airbnb help desk dozens of times & the problem is NOT solved at all. TOTAL GARBAGE! Lost my confidence in Airbnb, as it’s so incompetent.

Screenshot 2021-09-20 193740.jpg

@Peter29  me too having the same problem 

Errol34
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I have same issue, I have been trying for the past 2 weeks , everyday to pay and it fails , also tried with different payment types and different links sent from Support with no luck, have spoken to Airbnb but still have had no resolution - the issue is not with my bank it is with the Airbnb link not being able to verify, this apparently is because I have changed something on my Account Profile that has not updated correctly (This is from Airbnb Support) but they are unable to tell me what this "something" is . My call has now been escalated and I am still awaiting a call back. At the end of the day I will have to cancel all my bookings if I cant pay as I have paid deposits so would not want to loose any money.