Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

Peter29
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

I have a potential guest who has been trying to make payment to Airbnb in order to confirm the reservation. Apparently this has not been successful and her booking keeps getting canceled. She has offered to pay offline but I have declined. Has anyone experienced this before?

172 Replies 172
Epeli0
Level 2
Suva, Fiji

I kept receiving this message for payment through my visa debit account after numerous attempt "This credit card can’t be added right now. Please wait and try again later. You can also try using a previously added credit card or a different way to pay, such as PayPal". Spoke to my bank 4 times already and they cant seem to find any issue from their end. Anyone facing the same problem!

Petra387
Level 1
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Did anyone manage to solve this problem!? Also having the same issue 

Athena27
Level 1
Artesia, NM

We have had a nightmare trying to book trough Airbnb LUXE after 4.5 hours with tech support for my credit card and Airbnb NOTHING was resolved.  I had to book with me bank debit card.  My credit card went as far as flagging my account with such a high level of fraud  that now nothing that i am trying to book for our vacation in Mexico is working.  we were told Airbnb has so much fraud that now our account is high level security for risk because our stay was the Luxe for $7200 .

STILL NO SOLUTIONS we even tried to use paypal and it was still declined.  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Michael2034
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, MX

We've been having this problem repeatedly with Airbnb in the last few weeks. It is costing us business!

Mandy213
Level 1
Ohio, United States

We are having the same problem.  We've verified with the bank that it should go through without issue and we are still getting declined.  I would say this is definitely an issue on their end.  

Bruno811
Level 1
Destelbergen, Belgium

Having the same issue... Paypal account twice added: does not work. Visa card: does not work.

100% certain this is something caused by the app or airbnb, because I use these accounts regularly with other merchants.

Venk0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb says your card is confirmed and now we'll finish processing your payment but nothing works after that. Tried 5 times in last 4 hours with bad luck.please help Aorbnb

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

We are not airbnb but a forum of hosts and guests who provide each other with help and support. for payment related issues you will need to give Airbnb a call directly @Venk0 

Medic0
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I m having the same issues. Trying with 2 different cards. Get frustrated

Terri175
Level 2
Birkenhead, United Kingdom

This has been happening to me. Apparently Airbnb have now made it 'law' that you must upload photos of  government  ID such as passport, drivers licence or identity card. Without doing this they will NOT put your booking through. I have contacted the owner and he has contacted Airbnb to see if this step can be bypassed because he is happy to accept my booking but NO Airbnb will not allow my payment. So I will go elsewhere now as I will NOT be uploading that info to a business website!!

Janice304
Level 1
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

I've been trying to make payment 2 days ...and still says wrong payment method... I'm done

Same here

Any solution yet?

Reynhardt0
Level 1
Pretoria, South Africa

I have been trying to book multiple places, trying multiple cards, tried multiple browsers and even logged in using 2 other people's profiles... nothing.  This is an AirBnb issue and I would like to know where the hell AirBnb is in this conversation????  Clearly no interest in solving this issue!

Nelson165
Level 1
Muscatine, IA

Same here, my card works everywhere else. I pay the deposit without issues but the second payment is the one with "issues". I've being dealing with this situation for 2 weeks now and they want to cancel my reservation making me loose a big amount of money.