Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

Peter29
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

I have a potential guest who has been trying to make payment to Airbnb in order to confirm the reservation. Apparently this has not been successful and her booking keeps getting canceled. She has offered to pay offline but I have declined. Has anyone experienced this before?

172 Replies 172

@Cathy157 this is a sophisticated version of the scam which is doing the rounds among an  amoralistic group of travellers. I have tried to alert people to this before but it works because we all believe it . Person A , books a place and has every intention of staying . They engage with the host and are polite and friendly and agree to follow all the rules and are clean and tidy , the perfect guest ,but there is a 'sob story ' and it always involves a credit card and 'no refund' and the ' nasty or incompetent bank 'and possibly changing booked days and refunds to 'said credit card' and sometimes ,'offers to pay off the books' . I think this is a rehash of an old swindle . Good luck and keep your wits about you . The best swindlers are the nicest people . H

I have just had this same problem when trying to pay. Both Chrome and Safari would not process either payment method - the confirmation button would not work. I booked via the iOS App without problem though.

Maud--Raphaël--Gauthier-0
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi,

It just happened to me for the first time yesterday, and believe me I have used extensively airbnb over the past 4 years...

I resolved the problem by paying through the airbnb app. I had previously tried on 2 computers with no success, called my bank who told me that my card was not the issue, yet the site kept on blocking the paiement process telling me that there was a problem with my card number, which wasn't the case at all.

I think the site needs some technical update...

Alila0
Level 2
McGregor, South Africa

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! My guests have tried to make payment - 4 guests each of whom have tried multiple cards. It goes to the final page and when they tap the final arrow, nothing happens. Anyone have a solution to this?

The same thing is happening to me! I'm trying to pay and I can't. The confirm and pay button is unresponsive. I'm so annoyed and worried I'm going to lose the booking I'm trying to make. I'm on the phone on hold trying to get through to aibnb support now. The wait time is endless.

Túlio1
Level 1
Brasília, Brazil

I am trying to book one apartment but I am not able. I received the following message in Portuguese:

Infelizmente, um erro de servidor impediu que seu pedido fosse concluído. O Airbnb pode estar em manutenção ou sua conexão pode ter expirado. Por favor, tente novamente.

Alana21
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

I have been trying to pay for 2 hours and the 'confirm and pay' button just doesn't seem to work, it's completely unresponsive to being clicked/selected. I click it and nothing happens. I have tried paying on multiple different computers and on my mobile phone. It's incredibly irritating. It seems like the link that the button is supposed to lead to is broken and when you try to 'confirm and pay' the information just doesn't go anywhere. 

Arsiya0
Level 1
Wageningen, Netherlands

We have the same problem, I have been trying for almost 4 hours. Also, I asked my friend to help me with his account profile, but nothing change at all. I hope Airbnb can update their technical software or whatever they have now.

Alana21
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

You shouldn't have to download their app t make a booking. That's completely slimey of them. They should fix it so you can use a regular browser. Unbelievable. 

Arsiya0
Level 1
Wageningen, Netherlands

I have the same problem, I've tried to pay via cc and PayPal more than 6 times and never work. I can't contact Airbnb too. I try to do all the solutions that mention in this post, but nothing change 😞

Dennis137
Level 1
New York, NY

Well, I've been trying to make a reservation for the past 2 days and could not. It appears that that airbnb has a problem verifying my VISA credit card. When I call the VISA they say that everything is fine my card. I've raised a issue ticket with Airbnb. After going back and forth between Airbnb ( about 5 calls to the customer service) and VISA( about 5 calls to the customer service) it appears that there is a problem at the airbnb side of things.

Did you solve the problem at the end ?

Jing25
Level 1
Singapore

I have encountered the same problem! When I came to the last step which is confirm and pay and click on the button to pay, the web page showed that it was not successful. They were unable to complete the booking as they were unable to find the price quote. Not sure what does this mean though. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Sarah1007
Level 2
Skopje, Macedonia

I can't complete the payment for two days now I have tried everything different credit cards from different banks, called the bank to see if there is a problem and there weren't , I tried different laptops and iOS app and android application and I checked the currency and the card information and tried to contact airbnb and still get error when I try to book the final step can someone help me

@Sarah1007. Have you verified your ID?  Sometimes that can cause a booking request to fail. 

www.airbnb.com/verify