Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

Peter29
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

I have a potential guest who has been trying to make payment to Airbnb in order to confirm the reservation. Apparently this has not been successful and her booking keeps getting canceled. She has offered to pay offline but I have declined. Has anyone experienced this before?

172 Replies 172

Hello, I was having the same problem. Tried using 3 different cards and kept getting the same error.

I fixed my issue by making sure the info on my cc (Name as reflected on the card, phone number i used for my cc and billing address) matched exactly with the infor on my AIRBNB Account settings.

It worked for me. I hope this works for you too.

I have had the same problem twice - both with guests trying to book and unable to use any of their credit cards.  It leaves the host in a situation too because there is nobody to speak to at Airbnb about this.  It means losing potential guests.  There should be some plan B for when this happens.  Its awkward for both the guests and the hosts.  Could there not be a direct EFT that one could use in situations like these? 

Carly61
Level 1
Arlington, WA

Depending on the amount your having charged to your debit card & depending on who you bank with & what kind of card you have they can/will set a block on the card for security purposes. It's (automatically) done. You would then have to try & reach out to your bank or use a different payment option such as a credit card.

But I have also tried to use my sister's card in vain.  Airbnb should come to our rescue surely. This is very frustrating. 

Judith362
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

I am currently trying to pay through airbnb and I can't go through.  #I am not a scammer and I have used my card before for airbnb though in a different country.  Can someone help me...my host has gone quiet on me...most probably thinking he is being scammed.  Surely airbnb there should be a way of coming to the rescue of clients.

Chris1553
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I have been trying to pay for about 2 hours and nothing, I tried with Paypal and with my credit card and it will not even advance to the payment method. very frustrated.

Joyce-Ann0
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

I can't complete the payment transaction, I keep on getting this error;

"Failed to process payment collection."

Can somebody tell me how to fix it? My card is active, I can use it on purchasing stuff online and I just book an accommodation in Agoda last month which only means that it perfectly works. This is the first time that I am booking accommodation in AirBnB. 

I have talked to my bank representative a while ago and they told me that they have seen multiple attempts of paying my accommodation which means that there's no problem with my card. As what I have mention I always use it with every transaction that I create online. This is so frustrating, good thing the host is kind enough to help me out. An AirBnB CSR called me and told me to wait for 24 hours, I just hope that it will work. 

Claudiu12
Level 1
Baia Mare, Romania

I'm trying to make a reservation and the card is being processed when the card is processed:

Let’s try that again
Failed to process payment collection.....
Maria-Rizza0
Level 1
Antipolo, Philippines

I have been trying to book and enroll my card but it won't allow me to..

seriously upset about this . I have used two different cards already.,..

Ruh0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

This is ridiculously bull**bleep**. My card works elsewhere but not here in airbnb. They should fix their system. I HAVE 2 CARDS BOTH HAVE FUNDS THIS IS SAVINGS NOT CREDIT CARD. I USED VISA AMD MASTER NONE OF THEM WORK HERE. 

I am trying to make payment and neither credit card nor debit card is accepted. Utter nonsense. I am in need of the accommodation but the system just won't allow any payment and does not offer any mobile banking option either.

Bobana0
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Hi, I am trying to pay for the apartment for the last few hours (tried with 2 different browsers, tried with 2 credit cards), however I am getting the message that payment has failed. I went to the bank to check on that and they have removed the daily limit from credit card in case that was the problem, however that didn't help. Just to mention this is the card I have already used for the same purpose. Are there any ongoing problems with payments at this point? I wouldn't like to get cancellation just due to technical issues. 

Payment.png

Mark1598
Level 1
Hove, United Kingdom

Also having this issue with my credit card, works everywhere else but Airbnb. 

Tara291
Level 1
Hereford, United Kingdom

Hi, I’m having the same problems, I have had three reservations cancelled and spent hours on the phone to Malaysian Airbnb b operatives that don’t know what they are doing, reading off a script .. my card has thousands in it as I’m an md travelling a lot, and it’s accepted everywhere, i have used it three times today.. I can’t even add a new card as my profile wont let me! Seems now that will only accept payment from Paypal _ but creating a live link from Airbnb to my paypal seems too scarey and a hackers dream, so I won’t do that one.. but if anyone solves it @please share! I’m just about to loose another reservation as I am not getting any help from Airbnb n b, and they won’t get a manager to call me so I’m talking to very junior staff who don’t even know the systems n keep checking scripts before they know what to do.. anyone help?