Guest unable to pay pet fee from app

John-And-Lara0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Guest unable to pay pet fee from app

I have this problem constantly. Looks like bad app design to me.

FROM GUEST:

Hi there! I received an email for the request for the $50 pet fee, but when I followed the link it just brought me to the air bnb home page. I'd like to submit payment ASAP so if you can direct me, that would be appreciated!

FROM AIRBNB:

Could you ask them to go to this link on a computer or browser to find where to make the payment.
<LINK NOT SUPPORTED>
If they are using the app, they may need to log out if they are going to use a mobile browser or it may revert to the app by default and not stay on the website.

The problem is 70/80% of customers use the app. And when they go from email to the link it defaults to their device and it's impossible for them to find out how to pay.
It's designed to be paid on a browser. So if they use a computer it's preferable.

2 Replies 2
John-And-Lara0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Just happened again. 551C7BAE-CA07-4159-88BF-766397253825.jpeg8B7B36DC-EBD3-45F0-B7D2-31032B5963D3.jpeg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @John-And-Lara0 ,

I have some relevant information to update you around Pet fees! We’re really pleased to share some details with you that were recently announced! In the coming weeks, Hosts will be able to add a Pet fee to their listing. 

We have been listening to Host feedback, just like yours, so please do let us know how you like the new service by sharing your thoughts here on the Community Center once it has launched. 

Thanks again,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines