Guest wanting to do check in late at night

Tal5968
Level 1
Ramat HaSharon, Israel

Guest wanting to do check in late at night

Hi all, 

Hope you can help me with my guest's arrival. 

He told me he is arriving at my flat at 00:30 pm and there is nobody to welcome him and give him the keys. 

What options do I have to solve this problem??

Thanks , 

Tal

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tal5968 we leave the keys under a flowerpot if someone is checking in very late. Our check in time is 4pm-10pm so anything outside of this needs agreeing with us first.

@Tal5968   Your listing does not specify a cutoff time for the check-in window, so your guest is well within his rights to assume he can check in anytime after 8:00 AM. I strongly suggest revising your listing right away to reflect your actual availability for check-in. If you're accepting same-day change-overs, the check-in time will have to be later than the check-out time for obvious reasons.

If you have time to organize it now, you can organize a lockbox that the guest can access for self-check-in. Or for a more welcoming experience, you can ask a friendly night owl in the area to be your co-host for the day and greet the guest in your place. Either of these options would leave your first guest with a positive impression.

The bad alternatives would be to cancel the booking with penalties, or to ask the guest to agree to a date change for a next-day check-in and refund the first night, forcing him to find somewhere else to stay for at least the first night. That wouldn't put your hosting life off to a good start.

Val76
Level 3
Klamath Falls, OR

can someone give me some advice?  I have a guest that is arriving tonight I've tried to get an estimated time of arrival and just was informed they will be arriving around 1:00am that is way past my 10:00 check in time (4:00pm to 10:00pm).  How rude since it's a room in my home and I have to let them in.  I just added to my house rules that after 10:00pm there will be an additional charge of 40.00 is that to much to charge?