Guest wants to change booking date more than 12 months in advance

Fiona691
Level 1
Saint Lucia

Guest wants to change booking date more than 12 months in advance

My guest wants to change their reservation from Sept 2021 to November 2022, more than 12 months out.  My calendar won't allow this as it's over twelve months out.  How can I make this change?

2 Replies 2

@Fiona691  Usually when a guest does this, they're just trying to evade your cancellation policy. They have no intention of actually staying in your property 15 months from now - and even if they did, no person sane enough to be worthy of the keys to your house would think the vacation conditions in Bali in late 2022 were predictable at this complicated moment in history. You can safely assume that this person is not acting in good faith.

If it's currently possible for the guest to travel to your destination, you can assure them that you will honor their current booking, but insist that if they want to change to another date they will have to cancel under the terms of your current cancellation policy and send a new request when they know when they can travel again. If they get snippy about that, consider their bluff called. No matter what you do, though, I can guarantee you that altering this booking would not result in the guests staying with you in November 2022. 

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt @Fiona691 you can change your calendar settings to “all future dates”, then accept the date change by request from the guest (or initiate a date change request yourself if guest can’t work out how to do it). Once that is done, you then change your calendar setting back to “12 months” if you so wish.