Guest wants to change reservation

Peter198
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Guest wants to change reservation

Hello,

I have a guest that has requested to change the date of their stay, 7 days vs the original 8 days booked.  They have emailed me, but not messaged me on airbnb.  What happens of I change their reservation?  My pricing has also gone up, and even changing the reservation now is showing a higher price for the 7 days vs the original 8 they booked for.  If I do a reservation request change, can they cancel and not accept anymore?  Am I breaking the strict booking policy I set?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3
RobandAnna0
Level 3
Boston, MA

Make sure it is all done through Airbnb. And they need to do it.

You or guest can alter or change reservation and the other party has to approve it. They will have to pay the higher cost if they accept or just leave the reservation as is. Seems obvious to leave it alone and leave a day earlier.

Dear Guests,

Since the time that you originally reserved the accommodation the price has gone up.

If you change the reservation you will have to accept the new pricing.

It will be more economical for you to keep your current reservation and just depart when you choose to do so.  If you want to change the reservation on your end I am happy to accept, but your new reservation for fewer days will cost you more money.

Happy Host wins either way