Guest wants to leave early but other "guest will stay". What to do?

Johannes34
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Guest wants to leave early but other "guest will stay". What to do?

Hello,

I really hope you can help me here. Right now im renting my flat out to 8 people. Today i got a message from the guest who booked the flat, telling me that shes leaving tomorrow, but the other 7 people will be staying in the flat. I haven't met the other guest and to be honest I dont feel confitable with this situation. I have had very good contact to the guest who booked the flat but haven't heard a single word about her leaving early. I mentioned that it would have appriciated her being honest, but then coming back telling me there's no such rules & regulations on AirBnb... What should I do? Please help! 
Thanks in advance!
Johannes

2 Replies 2
Alberto42
Level 10
Venice, Italy

You can ask her to send you a copy of their passports. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Johannes34

Hopefully some of the other guests are in posession of an airbnb account and can be added to the booking ?

If you are seriously uncomfortable with the situation, you would need to contact airbnb and have them cancel the remainder of the reservation.  There are such rules on airbnb  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

The one who is booking is responsible, if she leaves I belive it must be regarded a third party booking.