Guest wants to leave review but review link expired

Billy5
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Guest wants to leave review but review link expired

Hi AirBnB-ers,

We had a great guest last month and they just got in touch with us to let us know that due to their traveling, their opportunity to leave a review, expired and are now unable to leave a review for us.

They are asking me if there is anyway they can get another email/link sent to them so they can leave a review for us.

Anyone know if this is possible and or how to get AirBnB to send another review link to a guest?

BTW - The guest, Kandis Kelsey & family, we're 5 star guest material, great peeps in every way...  Kandis and her partner are traveling in Europe now, if they a come knocking on your AirBnB door.. let them in  without hesitation, you wont be disappointed.  

Thanks in advance!

Billy & Stephie Jo

8 Replies 8
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello, @Billy5,

Unfortunately, once the two week window is closed, the guest has lost their opportunity to leave a review.

Bummer but thanks for the update Hilary & Ed!J 

Have a great day!

BJC

i have the same problem here

Guest are too busy with their work once they return to their country

i do remind them to leave a review, but i think they just too busy and forgot

so now its the 16 days after their stay, and he couldn't leave review anymore ?

what a waste >.<

i have the same problem here

Guest are too busy with their work once they return to their country

i do remind them to leave a review, but i think they just too busy and forgot

so now its the 16 days after their stay, and he couldn't leave review anymore ?

what a waste >.<

So once the link expired the guests can’t leave a review??? That’s not ok people are busy and it takes time to adjust back to routine the 2 week window is way too short particularly when you are being evaluated as a host based on your reviews! This needs to get fixed

Hi Marcy, thats correct (at least as of June '17), I dont "think" the 2-week reply time has changed since then. It's been a while though, so its possible the review time limit has been increased, or at least a feature to request a new "review link" be made available, lets see if someone with more knowelege see's this and gives an official update.

Cheers!

BJC

Weny0
Level 1
North Sulawesi, Indonesia

I have similar problem here. After staying at my place, my guests were busy catching a fery to an island without phone signal, let alone internet connection, for two weeks. They simply can’t write a review within the two weeks time frame of Airbnb. I really do hope that Airbnb can come up with a solution for this case since internet connection is not always good here and that remote island without internet connection is included in the itinerary of all the reservations I got from Airbnb.

So is there a way to resend the link?