Guest was booked/charged at higher rate than expected

Billy5
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Guest was booked/charged at higher rate than expected

Dear AirBnB

An upcoming guest for a January monthly (31 day) stay, was charged higher than expected based on our listed nightly rate @ $45 per night + monthly discount @ 37%.

- The guest total should be appox. $862 (with monthly discount included), as calculated on the "monthly discount" settings page but instead she was charged $1106 (for 31 day stay). 

- Or, if the monthly discount only appllies to a "30 day" calander, guest total would be closer to $907 ($862 for 30 days & monthly discount + $45 for the extra night)?

The guest went ahead and booked the 31 days at the higher $1106 rate to make sure she got the dates requested but we both expected the total to be closer to $862 after the monthly discount was applied. 

Can I go to the "send" money under the guests reservation, and refund her the difference so that the total is closer to the projected $862 amount?

Let me know if you need any other details in order to review the situation. 

Thanks in advance! 

BJC 

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

If this is a confirmed reservation, you can simple change it. It's an option in your reservations list. Put in the right anmount and sent it to her to accept.

Best regards, Emiel

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Did your guest take Airbnb's service fee into consideration, @Billy5? It should be on their billing. How high is it?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi Marzena,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I tried a few different calculations, including subtracting/adding the currently listed $36 service fee but the total still didnt add up correctly after the monthly discount applied.

I think the previous suggestion should work though.. I'll try it in just a moment and see how it goes 

Cheers!

BJC

@Billy5  $36 sounds like the 3% host fee paid by you.  Wouldnt the guest fee be more like 12% - 15%?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Billy5 

This is what I would be charged for 31 nights, about 1070 dollars

Untitled4.jpg

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Me again, did your guest make the mistake of only booking 30 nights, as occupancy taxes are then applied.

Untitled4.jpg

Hi Jeff,

Im trying to work Emiel's suggestion of "changing" my guests booked reservation rate, but I cant see where I can change the rate or pricing.

Maths never been my forteit, but here's what Im working with -

- The regular nightly rate listed on my calander and listing is $45 per night with a 37% discount for guest that book the place for a "month" .

- The guests regaular rate for 31 days at $45 would be $1,395, add the 37% monthly discount, guests rate is $1,395 - $516.15 = $878.85

- As you can see by the guests Resveration Details image below, the break down shows the subtotal at $1,141 and service fee at $34.23 (the end total to me of $1,106.77).

- Its the subtotal/guests total that Im trying to figure out how to give something close to $872 for the discounted monthly rate.

According to the "Price" page for my listing, also shown below, the approx. guest rate for a "month" would be around $862, which is what both my guest and I were expecting her total to be close to.

Regarless of local taxes and service fee's, wouldnt the guests total at least be close to the 37% monthly disounted rate of $862? 

With this info provided, what am I am missing and any recommendations to get the guest to pay close to what we both expected her total to be?

Pricing - Discounts.png

Reservation Details.png

On another question.J 

Any tricks on how to get my laptops screenshots/images to post on here? 

I clicked the camera icon above, which promted me with added location, description and dimension of image

- I used the my desktop location and the other details of the image, but it appears the image did not show up on my last reply here

- I also tried dragging and dropping the image off my desktop, but that didnt work either 

Thanks! 

Anyone know why the monthly calendar is gone from the listing page?  Only a weekly calendar. Or am I mising something?Thanks

@Danielle-and-Darren0  Click on the little arrow next to the name of your listing to the left of the weekly calendar and your monthly calendar will appear.

Thank you!!!