Guest wishes to cancel

Yolanda22
Level 1
Surabaya, Indonesia

Guest wishes to cancel

Hi there, my guest has just cancelled the reservation 2 days before the reservation date. Will i get the cancel fee for this?
2 Replies 2
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Yolanda22, according to the cancellation policy you selected, the guest will be refunded in full, except for the AirBnB service fee.

You won't receive anything.

------------------------------------

Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees

• Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
  • The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
  • If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
  • Airbnb will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
  • A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
  • Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, safety cancellations, or extenuating circumstances. Please review these exceptions.
  • Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
  • ---------------------------------------------

I strongly recommend that you change your cancellation policy to moderate or strict, and that you require a Security Deposit. 

More essential reading for hosts. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

An unfortunate reality why having a Flexible Policy just doesn't work for the longer outlook as a Hosts. 😕

Paul

---