Guests Setting Question:

John1995
Level 2
Clermont-le-Fort, France

Guests Setting Question:

Greetings,

We have a guest suite with one queen-size bed. The suite is large and there's plenty of room to put down two mattresses for children, which we are happy to do. (Our property is used for vacations with small families enjoying the pool, hiking, biking, etc.)

The problem: If I set the setting at "4 Guests," people ignore the description and House Rules (which clearly state only "2 Adults" and book for four adults. If I set the settings to "2 Adults" and "2 Children," the property does not come up with a search parameter of "4 Guests." In addition, if someone searches for 2 Guests and then wishes to add 2 Children they are unable to do so.

How can I set the settings to only allow two adults with the option to add up to two children and still have the property come up with a search for "4 Guests," which I do offer?

Thanks for your help,

John

3 Replies 3
Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @John1995,

Unfortunately what you want, is currently not possible on Airbnb!

The only thing you can do, is making it very clear everywhere in your listing (Title, Body and House-rules) you can only host maximum 2 adults and 2 children.

This will not disallow, 4 adults to book you. But it is about all you can do, to prevent this.

You can also show, the bedding configuration in your listing (just have a look at my listing).

When more than 2 adults request to book, you can always get in touch with Airbnb. And claim these guests do intend to break your house-rules. And have Airbnb cancel them.

John1995
Level 2
Clermont-le-Fort, France

Thanks, @Cor3,

I had done all the things you've suggested but was hoping perhaps I was missing sometihing. Hopefully Airbnb will update the search parameters to rectify the problem. I've had to turn away two bookings this month due to the issue and go through a lot of explainning to encourage the guest to cancel. (On a positive note, I've been able to find alternatives for them that made another host happy, as well as the guests.)

Best,

John

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @John1995,

And the only 1 good thing about the 48-Hour Grace Period (Introduced in May 2018) is: Guests can now always cancel penalty-free, during the first 48 hours (Only when the conditions are met of course)!