Guests airbnb email is no longer available to hosts

Catherine2703
Level 1
United Kingdom

Guests airbnb email is no longer available to hosts

I like to email my guests and attach information for them but the guests airbnb email address appears to have disappeared again from the reservation information. Can anyone advise?

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Catherine2703 

You can reply on the email received in your email software and add an attachment.

Please read this first (section "using an email alias")

How-can-i-contact-guests-via-email-for-a-reservation

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Catherine2703  I just ask my guests for their email address and give them mine. They  know it's for the purpose of sending them a map, and no guest has ever balked at giving it to me.

Catherine2703
Level 1
United Kingdom

I've managed to find email  alias addresses now. Quite hidden.

@Catherine2703  The reason I ask guests for their actual email address to send them a map is because half the guests told me that they received the email sent to that coded address, but the attachment wasn't there. In other words, it was glitchy.

@Catherine2703  can you please advise where you found the email alias

I use this in my digital lock app to send automated access instructions and codes.

I have contacted support multiple times with no help what so ever!! 😞

@Deb3628  Did you read the link Emiel posted above, in the first reply to this question?

Yes I did. I had my settings correct. See my reply to Deb. I've now worked it out.

Deb

Go to calendar and click on the face of the guest. Slide down the right hand side until you get to support and then email guest. The email appears then. The first time I used it I had to set it up. Follow the instructions. Each guest after the first one I did come up immediately.