Guests and Hosts

Marian12
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Guests and Hosts

Hi guys,

Quick question as this is my first time ever to visit this community center.

1) Are there meetups for both guests and hosts?

2) Is this community for both  guests and hosts?

3) Will the Open2016 be attended by both guests and hosts?

I need to do a couple of interviews with both sides of this 'market' for my study and would like to be able to find/speak to both but not sure where to do find guests. Or is it conisdered that guests are also hosts?

Thanks for your help here.

Cheers,

Marian from New Zealand

2 Replies 2
Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

Many hosts are guests as i am and will continue to  be in the future.

Depends if you want unbiased views because as a host our views change in how we are guest and how we see things i believe.

Im thinking their should  be guest only airbnb sections but not sure. maybe fb may have a site for airbnb and you will find just guests on there.  on community you will find host who are occasionally or often guests in others listings

maybe just put up your questions  and hope people are free or want to furnish you with your answers. i would prefer to know what you need the information for though..

Mala

Marian12
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Mala,

Sorry if I didn't include that in the original post. This is for my PhD research study. I'm not sure yet if I want to use Airbnb as a context yet hence why I'm trying to understand the ins and outs. I'd need to talk to both guests and hosts who I can imagine may be both (or just one). I just feel most of the groups or pages focus heavily (or say they do) on hosts and I want to make sure I get both perspectives. 

I'm still at the early stages of my research but I want to do my due diligence first before committing to one marketplace than another. I am even thinking of going to Open2016. I wouldn't post my questions here either but I would prefer doing face to face interviews etc.

On a separate note, I'm trying to get comfortable with the idea of hosting and being a guest myself so getting myself in the zone myself with the community.

Thanks a lot for your input Mala. It's been helpful so far 🙂

Cheers,

Marian