Guests bad behaviour

Natalia281
Level 2
Kiev, Ukraine

Guests bad behaviour

Dear Hosts,

I am looking for an advice.

Today I had very bad situation,and was very nervous.
Before this apartment has booked one turkish guy for 3 days.His profile was confirmed,there was added his personal info like passport etc.He wrote me the day before that he will leave apartment at 7:30am,as a result I saw today  3 unfamiliar men.
I came at 12:15 called the door,and the door opened Turkish man,then I saw other two.(I have never seen them and even didn't know) According to our rules guests has to leave at 12:00 the apartment has to be empty when I came.First of all apartment was super dirty,they has broken a glass,was smoking inside,on the window was ashes.More embarrassing is that i saw ashes in my flowers.I told them clearly to leave an apartment,but they continue to make a coffee and told like their friend told they can stay till 3pm and today i had new arrival at 15:00.But good they left after 10 minutes.I am just shocked of such awful behaviour and it was a break of rules.

What would you suggest?to leave just a bad review?Before i didnt have such situations all guests were kind and very good,thats first time.

Best regards,
Natalia
6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Natalia281

Definitely need a bad review, other Hosts need to know.

David
Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Natalia281,

I remember a while ago there was an extra screen for you to tell Airbnb what were your thoughts on that particular guest as you were reviewing them. That option is gone. Too bad.

So, if I were you I wouldnt just give him thumbs down and 1s, but would also inform Airbnb. I would have been so scared if I had been in that situation.  Dont wanna even think about it. Report him!

Thanks for an advice!

Leigh66
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

I have also been wondering about contacting air bnb for inappropriate guest behaviour - is it possible? Leaving a bad review only works if the guest leaves a review for you, otherwise your review is never made public for others to see. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

This is not true. You can leave a review of the guest whether they do or don't. 14 days after the stay your review of the guest will be published even if they did not leave one for you. I don't know where you got this idea, but it's not the actual facts. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Leigh0    If only you write a review:  it will be published after 14 days.

If only the guest writes a review:  it will be published after 14 days.

If you both write a review:  It will be published as soon as both reviews are submitted.