Guests came one night later, should I give refund?

Cristina165
Level 1
Munich, Germany

Guests came one night later, should I give refund?

So, I have guests that should have arrived today but their flight got delayed and there are just arriving tomorrow. Should I give them a refund for the night they didn't sleep here? Cause one side I can see how that would be comprehensible (cause it wasn't their fault really, i even looked it up at the airport website) but on the other hand I organized myself to be at home at the time we planned, organized everything for tonight... 

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5
Juliana20
Level 1
Zürich, Switzerland

Tricky question...
I follow your way of thinking BUT imagine if you went on vacations, booked a hotel and got a delay? Would you get the money back from the hotel? I don't think so.
They will probably claim a refund with the air company.
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I wouldn't consider it. They will have to take it up with their travel insurer, assuming they have some.

Helena52
Level 4
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Cristina, 

It's actually optional. You have the right to not give a refund. If you want to go above and beyond for your guest, give them a better experience, you could give them a partial refund through the Resolution Center (which you could offer now or right after the reservation). 

Love,
Helena V.
Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

Have the guest take it up with AirBnB.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

Has the guest asked for a one night refund? You almost certainly have the right to decline if they ask but If you decline you risk them leaving a bad review just out of spite. This is yet another of the flaws in the airbnb review system as transitions from "the hip new way to travel" and becomes just another travel commodity like Orbitz or Tripadvisor. 

If they have not asked for a refund then don't mention it yourself.