Guests cancelled 4 days into an 11 day stay because they misread the description of the property.

Linda437
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

Guests cancelled 4 days into an 11 day stay because they misread the description of the property.

They thought there was a full kitchen and the description states clearly there is a microwave, toaster, coffe pot, fridge. I communicated with AIRBnB help and was advised to decline the request the alteration which I did. I was also advised that it would be up to me to decide how much if anything to refund to the guests. $202 was automatically deducted from my account - my full payout was already deposited into my bank and I used it to pay bills. This is my first experience with a cancellation and I am confused about why the amount was decided by ABB and I had no say in it. Just wondering. Thanks, Linda

1 Reply 1
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Linda437 

Your listing has a moderate cancellation policy applied.

If a guest cancels mid-stay they will receive a refund calculated like this ;

''If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, 50% of the accommodation fees for the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are refunded.''

You can top up the refund at your discretion, but you cannot lower the refund from the agreed cancellation policy.