Guests damaged my house, guests won't respond and airbnb wont pay

Guests damaged my house, guests won't respond and airbnb wont pay

Guests damaged my garbage disposal by shoving cigarettes and match sticks down the drain. They smoked in a non smoking house, left burn marks on the window and trashed the place. I collected a security deposit but airbnb won't pay for smoke remediation or plumbing repairs performed by a licensed contractor. They claim the case is closed and won't explain why or answer my questions regarding the security deposit. Why should I ask for a security deposit if they won't pay for damages. I had guests check in that afternoon and I had to have a full team help me clean, and the contractors complete repairs, which on short notice costs a lot. No explanation why the claim was denied. They asked for an invoice on letterhead and I gave them what I received, yet they denied it asking for a plumbing invoice. In chicago, general contractors give the invoice and they contract with vendors on their own which I don't have access to. I'm frustrated at the lack of help and generic response from airbnb. Any help is appreciated. Garbage disposal Clogged sinkBurn mark on window

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Host Guarantee policy includes an Arbitration Clause, you could invoke that.

David