Guests having sex in my Airbnb rental...is there any way to stop it?

Laura4159
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Guests having sex in my Airbnb rental...is there any way to stop it?

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to the hosting side of Airbnb as I've only hosted 4 couples so far. We have an Airstream trailer that sits tucked in our property and we decided to rent it out to Airbnb. The first time I found a large stain on the sheets, clear but sticky, and this time I'm finding condoms in the trash. Good on ya for using protection but GROSS that it's in our family's shared camping trailer! Is this a total lose situation? Has anyone else had this issue? Am I the only one who's grossed out? I don't mind folks sleeping and using our shared space but for some reason, the fact that at least half of our guests are staying one night and having sex in there makes me think I'm in for a world of cleaning bodily fluids off of sheets and maybe I need to take my Airstream off Airbnb....thoughts?

4 Replies 4
Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura4159Sex? Long forgotten what that is ....

People have sex .... it's what they do ..... you could add an additional rule in your listing to say NO SEX .... you could put signs up in the Airstream to say NO SEX, WE CAN HEAR YOU and just wait for the complaints and 1* reviews to come in ....

Or just leave normal guest information to leave the Airstream clean ....

Or you can hire a cleaner .....

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laura4159 It's a normal human activity. If it grosses you out, I'd suggest that hosting isn't for you. Dealing with literal dirty laundry is part of hosting. Or only rent to one guest at a time. But that still doesn't mean you aren't going to have to deal with other people's bodily fluids.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Eww, it grosses me out but it is what it is.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Yes, you can stop it by only allowing single people, no guests. And hope they don't self help. 

Also, a box of tissues by the bed is helpful.