Guests hometown

Answered!
Bethany7
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Guests hometown

I'm starting to believe the default city where a guest is from becomes Lindenwold NJ. After nearly 20 guests, just a few of them say a different city other than Lindenwold.

But the majority of new requests (almost always new airbnb users with no reviews) say they are from Lindenwold NJ. I find it hard to believe this many of my guests are from there, especially when the guest says they are from Houston and their Linkedin profile confirms this. Another request's profile said Lindenwold, yet he told me he was from Florida and was going to school in Alabama, and social media confirmed this.

Has any one else noticed a recurring city that airbnb says new users are from?
1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you have been experiencing with the location displayed for some of your guests. I reported this back to our Product Team and thanks to your feedback they have been able to investigate this further. I am pleased to say this has now been resolved.

Any further requests you receive from guests stating Kellyville or Lindenwold will actually be from there! 🙂

I am sure you will all be very pleased to hear this and please do continue to update me on how this is displaying for you. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53

@Nancy61 , they know about it... go back to page 1 here in the thread where end of April  @Patti4  posted the answer she got  from Airbnb about this - affirming it is a default setting and that she could tell her guests to change it.... like us hosts need to make sure guests undo what Airbnb put into place....

Thanks for your response @Annette33. I'm aware that Airbnb has been notified of the Kelleyville default --  I reached out to them via Twitter last Friday and posted the response I received; you left a thoughtful comment on that thread. If more hosts continue to register complaints about this sitiuation, perhaps Airbnb support will finally see fit to remove this default setting.

My "Kellyville" guests turned out to be from the Los Angeles area, super nice people.  I told them about the Kellyville error for their hometown and said they had noticed it themselves and will make a correction.  I have made it a practice to Google or Facebook search my guests when possible.   It's helpful to know a little bit about the people that will be staying in my home.   I just completed by first year of hosting and have been fortunate to have wonderfuls guests. 

Linda

@Linda-And-Richard0

If you don't mind a quick question/s - you mention you have been hosting for a year now - have any guests asked why you do not chose to have a profile picture? And does that mean you accept guests with no profile photo - as well as Kellyville OK as a home town?

We have never been questioned about not having a photo on our profile.  I have noticed several hosts as well as guests use something other than a photo of themselves.  Maybe I should add a picture.  My only Kellyville guests did have a photo and turn out to be a very charming family from Los Angeles. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you have been experiencing with the location displayed for some of your guests. I reported this back to our Product Team and thanks to your feedback they have been able to investigate this further. I am pleased to say this has now been resolved.

Any further requests you receive from guests stating Kellyville or Lindenwold will actually be from there! 🙂

I am sure you will all be very pleased to hear this and please do continue to update me on how this is displaying for you. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Great to know this information will be accurate!  Really helps me form questions and an idea of where they are coming from, literally and figuratively! 

Finally! It is a relief to know that this issue has been resolved. Thanks to everyone who helped get it done.

Happy hosting, 

Patti

Tomi5
Level 4
Asheville, NC

I got a booking In May 2017 from a couple from Lindenwald, NJ. They showed up with West Virginia plates. I always wondered what that was about...now I know.

This thread originally started in April 2017...did it really take Airbnb five months to fix that glitch??!!!