Guests hosting

Debbie889
Level 2
Inagh, Ireland

Guests hosting

I  had two guests check in that was fine and we also knew that they would be cutting their stay short.    I didnt refund due to the fact, they had chosen the non refundable option and it was also bank holiday and would been to late to get a booking for that weekend. 

They informed us on the evening before they left  that they would have two friends arriving the day they left to take over the rest of the week.    Though we dont think they would have told us if we hadnt checked in with them that day.   These two friends were not vetted by airbnb.  Just wandering how we stand if anything happens while they are here.

2 Replies 2

@Debbie889  You're under no obligation to accept these guests, and if I were in your shoes I would have refused them outright. Airbnb bookings are not transferable - whether it's prior to the scheduled stay or midway through, the contract between you and the guests you approved does not extent to whatever people they decide to hand your home over to. I would have advised the guests that in order to accommodate their friends, they would first need to cancel the remainder of their booking, opening up the calendar for the friends to request a separate booking at a discounted rate.

Where do you stand if something goes wrong? Well, the original guest is still responsible for any damage, and they'll be the sole recipients of your review. But if you were to file a claim that they disputed, you would likely lose because the Host Guarantee is technically invalidated by the presence of unregistered guests.

Thank you Andrew for your reply,  these guests have now left and a day earlier than planned,  the review will reflect my feelings on the matter.