Guests invite daytime visitors

Julie3684
Level 3
Washougal, WA

Guests invite daytime visitors

Our rental is on 1/2 acre, sleeps 6 and  is close to a lake so it’s not uncommon that guests booked for entire week will invite different friends to go boating with them and stay for bbq. 
I currently only charge for extra guests over the allowed  6  if they spend the night (we have room for tents & RV hookup).
How would you handle? Do you charge for visitors?  I read on another post it may be a liability/insurance  issue with Airbnb? Isn’t booking guest responsible?  I don’t allow parties- these are generally families having day on the lake. 
Thanks, I appreciate any input. 

1 Reply 1
Marie1230
Level 2
Normal, IL

Your price is for paid guests and those people they are inviting are called their visitors.  You need to be clear in your rules that each guest is a paid guest.  As soon as I see an additional guest in my home via Ring I call them and ask them who this person is and then I do an alteration adding that person.  People think they are renting your space but I feel like they are paying for the stay individually as it is not theirs.  Its yours and if they are going to have 12 people then they need to disclose that or atleast ask you.  I would not tolerate it.  I'm already having problems with groups of 8 who fail to disclose the other 15 who came.  My boyfriend said it best.  Guests are paying guests and your home is for them to enjoy.  It becomes an event or a party when the guests start inviting visitors (non paying guests) to your place.   Those non paying guests are being insured by you while they are there.  Your liability is higher because they didn't pay to be there.  I also think guests show off they have your place like its theirs but in reality its yours.  Why should they be there using your things for free?