Guests leaving reviews for host

Claire381
Level 1
Galveston, TX

Guests leaving reviews for host

I have had two reservations within the past week. I have left reviews for both of them but have not gotten a review back from the guests. I am a new listing and really need to get these reviews. Do they have to leave one and should I reach out to ask them to leave one?

Thanks! 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No they don't have to leave you one.

There is no reason that you can't message your guests (presuming they had a good experience) and explain you are a new host and would appreciate a review.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Claire381 But you need to learn that many guests do not leave reviews... And airbnb is not planning to introduce any measures to improve that.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Claire381

I am still a relatively new host, so after I draft a review of my guest I usually send a screen shot of it and message the guest reminding them/asking nicely for a review since I don't have many yet and need them. 

Edwina10
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

I had a guest from Switzerland that checked out on Oct. 7 and traveled to another location after checking out, before returning home.  They wrote me today saying they want to leave a message but it was said they were too late.  Where does it say that there is a time limit to leave a review?  I have not been able to find it and don't understand why there is one or why it's such a short period of time.  

Veronica250
Level 1
Monterey, CA

I am In the same situation. I’ve had a guest report to me that they were not able to complete the review. They say that the submit button is grayed out. This person left my house three days ago.