Guests left a bad review because of neighbors dogs

Nicole2592
Level 3
Loxahatchee, FL

Guests left a bad review because of neighbors dogs

I love being a host and having properties on airbnb. Today a 3 star review was left based on external circumstances that were ENTIRELY out of my control & were not reflective of our listing but our neighbors dogs. Why is there a policy if when someone violates the policy, there is nothing that @Airbnb will do? 

When notified from the guest, we immediately acted, fixed the fence that our neighbors dog got under, gave the guests a free night they were more than happy to take and talked to our neighbors. The dogs are not big. One is a chihuahua and the other three are 30lbs or less. They also didn’t get chased. We have cameras and they did not get chased.  In downtown San Antonio there are tons of stray dogs, which is also out of my control. Very upset to receive no support from Airbnb in this case when a guest had positive things to say about our home but left a poor review for our neighbors dogs. 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Guests are allowed to review their based on their “experience” according to Airbnb, not necessarily the facts. All you can do is a public response to the review. Don’t get nasty or defensive, just  state the facts as you have done here. Take the high road and move on to the next guest. We can’t get all 5 stars all the time. Prospective guests will be able to draw their own conclusions especially if all other reviews are favorable.