Guests left yesterday. I can't find where I can write up review.

Tania-And-Ian0
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

Guests left yesterday. I can't find where I can write up review.

My guests left yesterday, and I still can't find where I can request a review/and or do a review.  My profile says I have no reviews to do. Help?

4 Replies 4
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tania-And-Ian0  Hi guys, It will come...it generally takes 24-36 hours but you will be prompted. You have to understand the Airbnb system is an automated platform...virtually nothing happens on a manual basis.

You will be asked to leave a review and you will have a 14 day window in order to do that. At the same time your guest also receives the same message to do the same of you, and your hosting. Neither host or guest get to see each others reviews until BOTH reviews have been received and posted by Airbnb.

Tania and Ian, there is a message window left open after a guest leaves and sometimes when the alloted time for leaving a review is close to expiry, I send a short little 'Hello' message with a nice prompt to drop a line or two onto the review window....some people are just so busy they forget...and that in general gets a response.

Good luck....Cheers....Rob

Rita10
Level 3
Sunshine Coast, Australia

Hello Robin,

Thank you so much for also assisting me with my query.  I am new to Hosting and I can't wait to write a review on my guests.  They were like my brother and sister/son and daughter, who were happy to chat about their adventure and their life and took keen interest in me as a person and as a Host.  I couldn't recommend them highly enough.  They were so respectful and appreciative and left things perfectly clean and tidy.  Just for your record if they ever come down your way, it is Mark and Umi ***.  They live near Brisbane and very likely could travel your way at some point.  

All the very best for your future with Airbnb as a wonderful Host.

Rita

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rita10,

Lovely to meet you, welcome to the Community Center. Thank you so much for your post here, it is lovely to read your post and thanks for sharing how much you enjoyed hosting your guests. 

I'm just tagging in @Robin4 to make sure he receives a notification with your message, I am sure he will love to hear from you. (Top tip-just add the '@name' on a post in the Community Center and they receive an email)

Lastly, I hope you don't mind but for safety reasons I don't recommend you include any personal detail on your posts in the CC as it is publically visible, therefore I have removed the surname included in your post. 

Thanks again and here's to future hosting.

🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rita10 @Lizzie    Hi Rita That is wonderful to hear, and your experience is similar to all the guests I have had. If I had actually gone out of my way to choose friends, I couldn't have chosen better than many of the guests who have come to us with Airbnb. My last guest who came over with her son, wanted to stay on after her son left, but unfortunately we had other commitments and it was not possible! She has had a difficult life, is somewhat lonely and has had some unpleasant family issues she is dealing with, and she said the days she spent here was the first time in years that she felt at peace! When we had a cuppa and talked on her last afternoon she started to cry and my wife gave her a big hug! She gave me a ring when she got back home to country NSW and she said she didn't want a protracted farewell so she left before we woke and she said she cried for some time after leaving. You can see what she had to say on our last review. Rita, this is what happens, you reach out to people and they will respond!...And that is no doubt exactly what you have done.

There are many hosts who regard this simply as a business venture, a clinical money making jaunt on the side. They are not interested in the human side of hosting and have no desire to get into it! These people are the ultimate loosers because they don't get to see that lovely side of humanity that we see.....Keep it up Rita, you, and I, are what hosting is all about!! Cheers....Rob