Guests not Putting Sheets on Sleeper Sofa or Air Bed

Answered!
Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

Guests not Putting Sheets on Sleeper Sofa or Air Bed

I am having an issue with a few guests being too tired (or lazy) to put sheets on the loveseat sleeper sofa or the air mattress bed when they use them.  This is very unsanitary and I am at a loss as to how to insist that this must be done.  This is definitely not something that I can do beforehand myself.  Any suggestions as to how to make it clear to guests that they must use sheets before sleeping on them?

1 Best Answer

@Susan1404 wrote:

I could leave a bottom sheet on it, it doesn't fold up well and comes off the mattress when folded.   

I would do this. Even if it unfolds, the fact that it is right there is an in their face reminder that they MUST use the sheet on the sofa bed. By the same token, could you leave the airbed sheets with it or rolled up with it? For my place I have a special sheet set that I made to fit my couch (non sleeper) that I leave right on the couch if there are so many guests that one will most likely be sleeping on it. 

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17

@Susan653Your post definitely struck a chord with me because I did have one guest fold the sofa up and leave the sheets on it.  My sofa is fairly new, but something strange happens when you fold up with the sheets and they come half way off and then want to hang on one of the unfolding mechanisms really bad.  Sometimes there isn't a happy medium and  I'm going to try leaving the sheets rolled up in a plastic bag next to the love seat.  I have to leave the loveseat ready to seat people because it is a key part of my seating arrangement.  Plus, I admittedly love when people walk in and ooh and aah over how it looks in my cabin LOL.  So I will take your suggestion and cross my fingers.  Thanks for your advice.

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

Great answers to some of our problems. Our sofa bed in the lounge can be put away fully made up except for pillows. Recently a guest decided not to sleep on the sofa bed even though they had it out to lounge on in front of the TV. She slept in the bedroom on the chaise lounge on top of a lovely Japanese quilt, made as a gift by a guest, with a red fluffy wrap from the lounge and just the red cushions! Not impressed, I growled but managed to wash the quilt, wrap, cushion covers and pick the red fluff off. The quilt is now in the house waiting to be hung on the wall and an old quilt cover is on the chaise lounge until I get it reupholstered. I leave sheets in the self-inflating mattress if guests are likely to use it. Will add 'please sleep between sheets' to our instructions but as many observed they are not always read.

I feel for you all. People do this at my home. Ugh!