Guests observing the check-out time

Answered!
Lois40
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

Guests observing the check-out time

What does Airbnb suggest to do when guests do not check out on time. This situation impacts myself, the cleaning staff and the incoming guest. When contacting Airbnb, they said I coud ask for funds from the guest. This was not helpful! Should I contact the police? Do the police have any jurisdiction over this issue?

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lois40  Tell the guests that your cleaning service will be there promtly at check out time to begin the cleaning of the unit. Also they will be letting themselves in at that time, so please make sure to leave by check out time. And then make sure to do it. Be there at check out time and let yourself in as they are no longer guests after that time. If they are still there start cleaning around them after telling them it's past check out time. We do sameday bookings and must stick to our cleaning schedule to be prepared by check in time, you have to leave.  

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lois40  Tell the guests that your cleaning service will be there promtly at check out time to begin the cleaning of the unit. Also they will be letting themselves in at that time, so please make sure to leave by check out time. And then make sure to do it. Be there at check out time and let yourself in as they are no longer guests after that time. If they are still there start cleaning around them after telling them it's past check out time. We do sameday bookings and must stick to our cleaning schedule to be prepared by check in time, you have to leave.  

Thank you, Letti. This is excellent advice!

Laura2327
Level 3
Hinesburg, VT

I am very concerned about this over the upcoming holiday because we have 4 sets of guests coming and going on the same day and we will be abroad. Our cleaner is acting as the contact person while we are away and I don't want her to have to play the "heavy" and boot people out. I am going to be very clear and kind in my messages to each group of guests reminding them of the importance of leaving no later than the 2:00 check out and to leave the house as they found it. If they do, our cleaner will have plenty of time to get the house ready for the incoming group. This is a first for us (being out of the country when we have guests)... so hopefully it will all work out. Most people have been so wonderful and followed the rules beautifully... I'm praying that will continue.