Guests problems

Shahy0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Guests problems

Hello everyone how are you?

I would like to share my experience here, hope I could get suggestions from you. I started hosting on AIRBNB mid-2016. it was getting great & I was close to being a super host, then I got a long-term rent with someone so I stopped hosting, back to one month ago, I start hosting again. but this time it feels like a disaster I got 3 guests so far, but it feels like I am getting mostly only arrogant people. the first guest was very very arrogant, I waited for them for 3 hours just to check in and then I was asked to leave and they will come later on. they found a cockroach n the bathroom which is I understand it's not acceptable, & they're treating me very rudely I offered them, checking out & full refund or cleaning service. they didn't even reply me they used my place for an entire night, then they checked out & they asked for a full refund &left a bad review. second guests were great & tidy but they didn't leave me any good reviews. third guests, they are good but they lost my AC Remote control, & i offered them EXTRA 9 HOURS FOR FREE very late checking out time  & when I asked them to pay back the money of the loss they asked for a waiver ! and my current guest after checking in, she just realized that my place doesn't suit her children and so on with another excuse. 

I am feeling down lately because I am putting so much effort in the place & it's costing me lots of money & Time as well. 

I no longer don't know what to do to access guests expectations?

My place is not that expensive, great space, good view, mid central location.  & whenever my guests ask for early checking in & late checking out, pet-friendly, my max is 5 guests but i get shocked that they have 6/7 guests with them. if they ask of extras of anything I still do it. 

Any suggestions please? 

6 Replies 6

@Shahy0  omgosh. You may need to check that vent in that bathroom, get a pesticide  company to open that pit out and fugimate that section. Guests hate roaches, spiders, insects, mosquitoes, ants!, if it happens again, respond to say you have a pesticide control treating this problem immediately and keep it simple!

Thank you, surely will do it. 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Shahy0 I'm sorry for your negative experiences. The guests need to realize they're in the tropics when they're in Bangkok and honstly there will be the occasional insect in places like Bangkok. In fact there hasn't been a time I was in Thailand or the region when I haven't seen such scenes. God forbid they saw a lizard crawling on the tv!

Don't give up and keep going! 

Thank you so much for your positive response! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Shahy0,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I am so sorry to hear about this and I hope this won't stop you from hosting.

You've got a lovely apartment don't give up! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Shahy0 Your apartment does look great: don't give up on hosting!

Just a couple of things about the listing that jumped out to me:

- You didn't review the guest who gave you a bad review. I would ask, on behalf of all hosts, that if you have a bad guest experience you leave a review to warn others.

- Your listing doesn't seem to have any rules. You may want to add some. You have everything grouped under Other Things to Note, but rules should be in the Rules section, and you may want to use some of the check boxes (example: no parties).

- Your apartment area says 172 square. You need to add the word meters.

- You may want to add more specific information on how close you are to various places, as a few reviews have mentioned you're not very central. If you're not central, you should consider removing the word central from your desciption. One of the keys to getting good reviews is setting realistic expectations, and if people are expecting a downtown experience and you're not downtown, you are bound to feel it in your ratings.

Anyways, hope that helps, and good luck with your hosting experience.