Guests violated house rules; party and more people than booked

Mihai17
Level 2
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Guests violated house rules; party and more people than booked

Hi everyone,

I've got an early morning (5AM) text from my neighbor complaining that the guests threw a party the second night in a row and that there are more than 2 people inside the apartment.

I called Airbnb as soon as I read his message and they escalated the case to a manager, who didn't get in touch with me yet (2 hours later and no call). 

It's cleary stated in my house rules that parties are not allowed, that extra guests are not allowed and that visitors should be mentioned to me, but over night visitors are clearly not allowed. There is also a quiet hours rule and it's stated that the violation of the house rules leads to the cancellation of the reservation without any refund. In conclusion, they violated all of the mentioned house rules.

In lack of support from Airbnb, I would like your advice on the situation. Should I go there and tell them to leave and cancel the reservation without refund? Should I tell them to behave and charge them for the extra guests and let them stay another 4 nights as booked? What do you advise?

Thanks and best regards,

Mihai

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Mihai17 

if you are hosting remotely then CCTV or similar is always advised so you can moniter your listing to make sure your guests aren’t bringing in more guests than have booked or breaking your house rules for late nught noise etc.

As your neighbours have alerted you - your first step is to contact the guest by phone and Airbnb messaging regarding your neighbours concerns.

Personally, I would go to the listing to manage ensuring the guests leave with minimum fuss once Airbnb cancel .

Get back on the phone to Airbnb and insist they cancel the booking.

Take photo’s/video to support any damage claims and evidence of partying/additional guests for any claims you need to make.

What you may get paid depends on your cancellation policy.

I would also apologise to neighbours and bring a gift - also talk to them about measures you are putting in place to better vet your guests/CCTV etc

leave an honest review. 

David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

good, rational advice!