Guests violated rules

Answered!

Guests violated rules

How do l handle a guest feedback when the guests violated most of my rules, booked for 3 people and had 9 people staying in my Airbnb, and damaged the property as well?

1 Best Answer
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Do you do self check in? Thats where lots of problems come from, 

We do mention it in our listing that we will meet you at the property,

It's only happened to us once were the booking was for 4 and 9 turned up, I didn't let them stay,

You as a host will have incurred a lot of extra cost, Electric and Water wear and tare extra cleaning, laundry, You need to put your foot down next time.

Where I live on a island all properties are on a septic tank it cannot take that load even for us to get the company out to empty it is expensive.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would have thrown him out. If you have proof of additional guests charge him for their stay and for property damage

Has he left you a review? if not you would risk a retaliatory review.

Leave him an honest review

Yes, he has left a review, it just said: stay at your own risk.  I was honest in my review, it wasn't as nice.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Helaine4 

You appear to be a new host.  Savvy guests prey on new hosts.  Stand your ground, be honest in your review.  It will warn other hosts, both new and experienced.  This is your business to control, not Airbnbs.

I would not worry about a bad review, take a look at anything you can change/improve for future guests.  If they review bad,  don't answer.  I recently had guests who threw an illegal substance party and slammed me and threatened me to post on social media.  The review was 4/5.  My review less, but my comment was neutral "Not a good fit".  The guest got upset, pulled the review.  Perfect in my books, my ratings went up.  Remember, it's a business, leave the emotion out.

Hope you have commercial insurance coverage for the damages, do no rely on Airbnb.

Read through this board to learn as much as you can.

Thank you all for the great feedback. I appreciate your honesty. I’ll be more prepared the next time I run into this situation.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Do you do self check in? Thats where lots of problems come from, 

We do mention it in our listing that we will meet you at the property,

It's only happened to us once were the booking was for 4 and 9 turned up, I didn't let them stay,

You as a host will have incurred a lot of extra cost, Electric and Water wear and tare extra cleaning, laundry, You need to put your foot down next time.

Where I live on a island all properties are on a septic tank it cannot take that load even for us to get the company out to empty it is expensive.

Thank you for the feedback. I also have a septic system and worry about what's being placed on the plumbing system.