Guests want to partially change a reservation

Guests want to partially change a reservation

Hello,

first of all: I looked for postings related to my topic but couldn't find a good match...

A couple booked my flat for 4 weeks; now, they're asking to change the number of guests for 1 of the 4 weeks because a friend decided to visit them for a couple of days. Now, this couple wants to do it the right way and asked beforehand, and they will pay for the extra guest. But, how do I do this? Is there a way to change a booking partially? Or do I just calculate the amount for the extra guest and request it from them using the link on the booking details page?

Thanks!

André 

3 Replies 3
Cristina234
Level 4
Frankfurt, Germany

Hello Andre8759,  you need to send a Money Request to your guest. Open the Reservation and go to the section Request Money / Other trip related issues / Add the Amount / Add a note (i.e. extra guest for 3 nights). Your guest can either accept, decline, or suggest a different amount. If you’re not paid within 72 hours, you can choose to involve Airbnb. Happy Hosting, Cristina

Hi @Andre8759  I have just been through this exact scenario. I agree with Cristina with one minor amendment - if the guest accepts the payment, but for some reason the payment does not go through - the "involve airbnb " button DOES NOT appear ( or it didnt' for me) You'll get a message from airbnb saying they will follow up - but in fact they won't, because they're waiting for you to escalate by using the involve aribnb button, which isn't there.  in this instance you'd need to ring. But hopefully you're guest will accept and the payment will go through smoothly.

Thanks @Cristina234 and @Rowena29,

I'll do as you've suggested and pay close attention to the presence or absence of the "involve airbnb" button. 🙂