Guests who don't show up

Answered!
Don81
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Guests who don't show up

When a guest don't show up and when you contacted them say just keep the money .

what do you do when you are to review them? Can you as a host choose not to review.

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Don81  While it is rude to not "show up" without communicating, you got paid for your time.  You can choose to review or not.  

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Don81  While it is rude to not "show up" without communicating, you got paid for your time.  You can choose to review or not.  

Andy184
Level 6
Albuquerque, NM

I think if you do choose to review them, just put something honest, like "Guest didn't wind up staying, but honored the booking".  Or something in your own words that indicates that they didn't wind up staying so you can't review them for that, but they didn't fight you on the money and were honorable about it.  So that the next host knows that at least if something like that happens again they will likely be fair about the money for the booking (assuming of course they don't dispute the money side of it in a day or two).

How do you handle the star ratings?  Hate to do 5 since I do t know it to be true but dont want to do 1 either for the same reason.

Natalie725
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

I had a guy who said he wasn't sure if he was going to turn up, but that he would let us know. We waited and left the front door open in our house until 2.30am before finally deciding he wasn't going to show up. I really didn't appreciate being on edge for the whole night. I wasn't able to relax and I thought the guy was hedging his bets and very selfish. So I decided to review him badly, stating all of the above. Money or no money - you can't leave hosts waiting around like that!