Guests who want a free stay

Guests who want a free stay

So I have a guest I made a significant discount before they booked, after they checked in they started to complain on literally everything. I offered to alter their stay to 1 day (since it was a second day already). And refund rest (I have strict cancelation policies). They are not accepting alteration and still ask for refund. I had similar situations before and I know that airbnb can refund guest not even asking me. What should I do?

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@AZ-Housing0  You can say No.  If Airbnb, as you have heard, decides to refund the guest, you can fight it, or you can be glad you're rid of him or her.  The thing to do is to decide what outcome you want, and what outcome you can live with.  Which is more important?  If you want to get rid of the guest, and you can live with making no money on the stay, get rid of the guest and be glad it was just a couple of nights.  Then move on and get more reservations.  

Oh, and one more thing, which you've probably already learned from this experience:  never offer a  discount again.

😊

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@AZ-Housing0 

Some guests can never be pleased, whatever you do.

So tell the guest your offer (alteration/refund) has expired and now they need to cancel the reservation.

They have to contact Airbnb for any refund.

@Emiel1  GENIUS.  😂