Guests with small dogs and peed all over the house.

Guests with small dogs and peed all over the house.

I had guests stayed this past weekend and they had 2 small dogs, after they checked out I found 6 puddles of pee, 6!!!! Can I report this and charge the guests a fine?

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chad-And-Siu-Yin0  I see you allow pets, and while it's certainly rude of the guests to allow their dogs to urinate inside and then not bother to clean it up, "pet damage" is not covered by Airbnb. 

I would let this one go as far as claiming for damage, and leave an honest review- guest's dogs urinated inside, in several places, and guests did not clean it up. 

If it entailed having carpets specially cleaned and you wanted to pursue a claim, make sure to just refer to it as damage, not pet damage. And you would have needed to report this within 48 hours and before new guests checked in. Make sure to read the policies and procedures for making a damage claim.

If it was just puddles of pee on a hard floor which gets washed anyway, you would have nothing to claim for. It looks like Cozy Cottage has tile floors, no carpets, and the Hideout has a carpet in one area.

Thanks, Sarah! I think I will just leave an honest review in this case.

@Chad-And-Siu-Yin0   

It would be funny, if impractical, to bill your horrible guests for a Pee Fee. 

Some hosts mention penalty fines in their listings as a possible consequence of broken rules or cleaning issues. But they can only collect on these in the unlikely event that the guest voluntarily agrees to pay. Airbnb does not cooperate with host-issued fines, and you need receipts and proof of physical damage (not just cleaning) for a damage claim to even be considered.