Guidebook

Guidebook

I'm trying to add suggestions to my guidebook but nothing is showing up when I click on the link. Anyone else having issues?

13 Replies 13

Hi Jen! Have you tried using another internet browser? 

Susan_Joe0
Level 1
Independence, OR

I am having the same problem. I tried in Chrome (which I usually use) and in Microsoft browser. 

David715
Level 2
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Yes, having the same problem and have reported it.

Jen127
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm having the same problem.  I click EDIT under Guidebook, and a blank screen pops up.  I use Chrome, as well.

Gary212
Level 2
Livermore, ME

Same problem now for 3 weeks, Airbnb knows about the Guidebook problem. 

Today is 2 /5 / 18

Guidebook Frozen 

Thanks,

Gary

Is the problem solved? I had the same problem too

Eugen10
Level 3
Bucharest, Romania

Hi Jennifer, I use: https://www.houseguideapp.com

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You have searched for guidebook problems and answered every one of them, one after another, with this app link, @Eugen10 . Very nice of you to help the developers out that way. Hope you are getting a cut.

The trouble is that our guidebooks are public on our listings, available to prospective guests, but linking to an app only works for booked guests. 

A working guidebook within the platform is still our best option for prospective guests. 

Eugen10
Level 3
Bucharest, Romania

Hi @Lawrene0, thanks for joining in. That's true, I am looking on the community to spot issues people are having with their guidebooks and prividing a link to HouseGuide when it seems it might be useful information for them.

And I am getting a cut, since I am involved in developing the app. 

I agree with you that a working guidebook would be best for "prospective guests" and hope Airbnb creates the BEST guide in the world for hosts to use but until then, I hope you're not bothered by people like me sharing more information which might come handy to some hosts, rather than less. That would be a loss for everyone, right?

Hello, Eugen and all, We have been having the same problems with the new Airbnb Guidebook system and are frustrated because it seems a backward rather than forwardstep. We used to be able to:

(1) add events and places, but now we can only select pre-populated ones and don't know how to get Airbnb to add items that are not there yet (even some pretty well-known ones)!

(2) print out the Guidebook to have it available for guests... Now the help center tells me we cannot print it but could take screenshots if we wish... is that progress?

(3) there were no pictures, now there are... which sounds good, BUT: I have a restaurant that shows a picture of a kid canoeing...  We don't control the pictures; some very well known places seem to have none and others seem irrelevant. What now?

(4) we cannot get to 'preview' our guidebook. Getting the same error message, over and over.

Was this upgrade perhaps rolled out too fast? Anyhow, just adding our two cents and hoping this all gets solved rapidly because Guidebooks were and still should be an important part of our hosting experience! Thanks for our help!

Debbie492
Level 2
Dalyellup, Australia

I am very new to Air BnB and have been setting up my guidebooks.  Some of my feedback is:

1)  Would be great to be able to add our own photos.  Some of the photos really don't depict the location very well or there are none.  Or as Arno says above, are irrelevant to the location.

2) When searching some places such as The Bayview Bar, Bonnefoi Boulevard, Bunbury (which is its current name), it searches as this but when it goes to the popup to enter what we like about it, it presents and saves as the old name (Barbados Lounge Bar and Restaurant).  Would be good if we could edit the name so it reflects correctly.  Or can I report this somewhere for changing?  Have a few like this in Bunbury.

3) If I try to print the page from the link you can share, it doesn't show any photos.  Only shows the wording.

The Guidebook looks good online but would be great to print out 🙂 

Hollie6
Level 10
Page, AZ

I just put together my guide books, one for things to do and one for restuarants and tried adding them both to all my listings but when I go to my listing it only shows one or the other, not both.

Skye58
Level 1
Ronan, MT

How do you create a custom Guidebook place (not listed as a pre-populated location)?