Guidebook

Answered!
Yannis37
Level 9
Athens, Greece

Guidebook

Hello fellow hosts! Just a quick question concerning the guidebook, which i have just updated myself. Is this automatically forwarded by Airbnb to the guest just before the check in date or is it something that hosts should send? 

Many thanks for your help 🙂

1 Best Answer
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Yannis37  Airbnb provides a link to your guidebook which guests can access from within their trips dashboard. Guests also access check in instructions and other things they need to know in there, as long as you have provided this information in the ‘info for guests’ section of your listing. In my welcome message I encourage guests to check out the guidebook. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

It can be accessed by guests through your listing.

I doubt that many of them bother, but it’s there if they want it.

Yannis37
Level 9
Athens, Greece

Many thanks! 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Yannis37, @Brian2036 

In my "Thank you for booking" Quick reply, I mention to guests that they should look at my Guidebook.  I also tell them where to find it on the website.

Most actually do look at it when planning their stay.  I also leave a professionally printed copy at the cottage and point it out during my meet and greet with guests.

Yannis37
Level 9
Athens, Greece

@M199 @Brian2036 

That is great help. Many thanks 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Yannis37  Airbnb provides a link to your guidebook which guests can access from within their trips dashboard. Guests also access check in instructions and other things they need to know in there, as long as you have provided this information in the ‘info for guests’ section of your listing. In my welcome message I encourage guests to check out the guidebook. 

Archana17
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Hi, I have relocated to a different city and was no longer hosting a listing. Therefore, I deleted it. However, I am unable to delete the guidebook that was associated with the listing. When I speak to the support executive, I am told that AirBnb does not allow you to remove the Guidebook after the listing is deleted. I am wondering how is that ok to not allow me to delete a Guidebook that I created. Also, it is showing up on my profile and I don't want it but AirBnb insists that it cannot be taken down. I am wondering why and is that even ok for AirBnb to force something onto your profile without your premission.

J238
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Can someone answer "When" the guidebook and the house manual are accessible to the guest? I've updated both substantially and want to be certain they have the latest. I will also print out and leave a hard copy. Thank you!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@J238 

I have no idea, but I send guests a message a few days before they arrive, reminding them of the address, the WiFi passwords etc. as a lot of guests do not read the details on their booking. In this, I also include a link to the guidebook.