HELP! AirBNB are fraudulent changing our listing prices to force us to use Smart Pricing.

Kailey4
Level 2
Cairns City, Australia

HELP! AirBNB are fraudulent changing our listing prices to force us to use Smart Pricing.

We have had a pricing issue that has been going on for 3 weeks now, and there has been no indication from AirBNB that they are investigating.

We opened up our calendar and noticed that all of our set prices which ranged from $180 to $280 a night were scrambled with prices ranging from $57 to $220 a night. There was no rhyme or reason as to the prices, as each day was different. To clarify, we did not have smart pricing turned on anywhere on AirBNB.

We updated the prices again, only for the prices to be scrambled an hour or so later.

We got in touch with support who asked for screenshots and waiting periods to prove we didn't set the prices ourselves. That staff member had a few days off so the issue went unresolved despite continued pleas for assistance.

We started up another support ticket and had to provide screenshots again, set prices, then more screenshots after the prices were heavily reduced again. They said they had forwarded off to tech support and suggested we turn on Smart Pricing with a high min price to avoid our place booking at stupidly low rates. This solved the problem temporarily, but we still cannot turn smart pricing off without the prices getting completely scrambled again. Our average nightly price is $230 per night, so to book it out at $65 per night would be disastrous.

They won't put us in touch with anyone in their tech team, and there hasn't been any progress in over 2 weeks. So we are pretty certain they either have no tech team or they just don't care. Or what I'm suspecting now is that they are intentionally creating issues to force users over to their Smart Pricing system.

I know of another host that is dealing with the same issues who has been calling support every day for the couple of weeks and still no answers.

Is anyone else dealing with similar pricing glitches?

Screenshots where we did not touch the pricing at all with smart pricing OFF:

Aug 6th  8 hours apart - https://imgur.com/Nmf6GER

July 25th 6.5 hours apart - https://imgur.com/lYfpq0W

July 22nd 8.5 hours apart - https://imgur.com/8ox8CDN

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Kailey4 

Check all your settings - including those of your phone number, email & change your passwords if you haven't already.

There have been instances mentioned here in CC of people having their accounts unlawfully accessed.

Good to keep taking screenshots.

Check also you have logged out & log in again with a new Password.

All the best

I am experiencing the same issue, bookings at ridiculously low rates, I have changed it twice but it's still happening 

Lynn158
Level 1
Summerdale, AL

I had it changed that i offered a 40% discount for 30 days.  I did not do that and did realize it was like that until a guest booked for a month and the cost shocked me.  I had to travel around the site to figure what had happened

Beverley13
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

How do i

out smart pricing on